I never cared for peanut butter as a child. The only way I would eat it is in PB and Banana sandwiches… which my own Mother never made for us, but I do recall having them at a young male cousin’s birthday party once. I think that may be the only time I ever ate peanut butter. Then, fast forward to my early 20s when my first Mother-In-Law showed me how to make my own peanut butter in the blender… with Just raw peanuts. It has been love ever since.
And now I have discovered PB2 which is just peanut flour, really. I use it regularly in my kitchen and I have discovered it is a very good sub for grain flours sometimes. So it was a natural that I was eventually going to make PB2 and Banana Waffles. Hope you like them too.
Makes 2 servings
- 2 Tbs PB2
- 1 large banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- Mash half of the banana in a medium bowl.
- Cut the other half into slices and set aside.
- Add the PB2 to the mashed banana and blend in the egg and the egg whites till well combined.
- Spoon batter into your waffle iron and bake according to instructions. Remove them to a plate and keep warm while you cook the rest of the batter.
- Top waffles with banana slices and a bit of syrup serve warm.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 144; Protein 13g; Carbohydrate 17g; Fat 4g; Fibre 2g.