Sunday, March 22, 2015

High Protein Waffles

I do love me some waffles… and I love to eat of protein at breakfast time so it was a natural that I was eventually going to mix some protein powder with some eggs whites and make waffles.  I can’t believe it took me so long…and I don’t know what else to call them… High Protein Waffles tells the story pretty much!  They are grain free and gluten free... bonus!

I have made them a couple of times now.  They get crispier the longer you cook them.  The first time I made them, The Captain could smell them from another room and thought I was burning sugar!

Mmmmm.

If you love waffles, you have got to try these.  I am sure you could use whatever protein powder is your favorite.  Make them vegan if you like.

And I promise you they will keep you full all morning… mine power me through a 7km run and cool down quite easily. 

The N.I. I am sharing is based on the North Coast Naturals 100% ISO Protein whey powder that I used.  Yours will vary of course.


High Protein Waffles


High Protein Waffles
Makes 1 serving
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 cup egg whites
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  1. Mix all ingredients till well blended and pour batter into hot waffle iron.
  2. Cook according to the directions on your waffle iron.
  3. Remove and top with fruit of choice.
Per serving without fruit.
Weight Watchers P+ = 4.
Calories 171; Protein 37g; Carbohydrate 3g; Fat 1g; Fibre 0g.

2015-03-22 09.45.05
Yep, that is a lot of cinnamon on top!


What about you? Waffles or pancakes?

Do you eat more protein on days you work out or run?

17 comments:

  1. hmmm I wonder if mine would be better with the addition of the BAKING POWDER??
    can't hurt :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easiest waffle recipe ever! I don't have a waffle iron, so I usually go with pancakes, but I love the crispiness of waffles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really depends on my mood, but if I have to choose...I'll go with waffles first! Your waffles look amazing! I've never made protein waffles, but I definitely need to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting recipe. Super simple. I'm interested in how they would taste. Only one way to find out I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm all about easy and protein and these look so yummy! Definitely giving it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for waffles! I love how simple this is, and I think my friend recently went home to get temporarily steal her family's waffle iron so we could experiment with more recipes. :D Can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have a waffle iron actually so I'm always making pancakes. Nice easy recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh, I'll have to try these out! I love pancakes and waffles and always looking for new ways to get protein into my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tend to prefer pancakes over waffles. I'm not sure why, but that's always been my preference.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look amazing!!!! Saving this for sure to try!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh, I need a waffle iron! Looks good

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both but if I have to choose, waffles. You should share your recipe with the Fit Dish link up so we can add it to the cookbook we're putting together to share. Credit given to the recipe creator of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! So neat. I need to try this! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love waffles, I used to have a waffle iron and it was the best, I def need to invest n another one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how simple this recipe is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh I keep seeing waffle recipes and I don't have a waffle maker! I do have a gift card to crate barrel soooo...maybe I'll go check it out this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am a pancake lover all the way. In fact we had pancakes for dinner tonight. They are great plain or with add-ins like your protein waffles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a comment.